Thursday, July 19, 2012

Scholarship/family update

For those of you that I haven't told, I found out that I will be the recipient of a small scholarship provided through CLI. It is called the International Distinguished Engagement Award (IDEA) and all CLI students are eligible to apply. It provides a small monetary scholarship for any study abroad program, as long as you go within the next year. Obviously, I applied this to my upcoming trip to Dushanbe!

Today we received information about our host family. It looks like I'll be living with a family that has a grandfather, father, mother and a younger (7/8) son living in the house. I am actually really excited to be living with a younger kid, because he might be more willing to correct me when I say things in a funny way! Also, if you have never heard little kids talk in Persian, it is probably the coolest sounding thing ever. You can check out this video here for a short listen.

I took my final oral and written exams today, so now I'll be packing up and getting ready to leave the country (can't believe I'm days away!) I'll have more in the next few days with travel updates and the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment