Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dushanbe's weather > D.C.'s weather

I'd just like to say that my packing did not anticipate any rain in Tajikistan. Unfortunately I forgot about the D.C. bit in between. Oops.

It's been a crazy jam-packed day. We had a really early start (seriously, I had to be up and ready to go by 7:45...) and we were in various sessions all day until around 7. Our pre departure orientation is made up of three CLS language groups, including the Azerbaijani and Punjabi groups. Ours is by far the biggest (they double the size of CLS Persian scholarships this year to forty!).

Our language specific sessions began with an opening address from the Tajik Ambassador to the US, which was a really interesting and awesome experience. We also had a CLS alumni panel, as well as a panel of young professionals who use Persian in their careers.

There were a few sessions on rules/regulations. Then a bunch on safety/life in Tajikistan. Although I was familiar with a fair bit of it, it got me more excited to go back to Tajikistan. We ended the night at a Malaysian resturant nearby, and it turns out there are three Nicks going to Dushanbe. I was very quick to claim my awesome Tajik name, so at least I've got that going for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment