Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Return!

No this isn't Derrick Rose's "return" to the Bulls that we all dreamed for... Nick's return to Tajikistan? Close enough!

Within the next week I will be headed back to Dushanbe for a two month visit with the Critical Language Scholarship. Next Sunday I get to head to Washington D.C. for two days. In DC I'll meet all the fellow scholarship recipients for Persian as well as the program staff who organize and run the two months abroad.

I am hoping to keep this blog updated a little more than I did last summer, but no promises there. This summer I will be living with a host family once again (not the same family). This particular family has a father, mother, 18-year-old son, and a grandmother. It appears as though I will not have any roommates while abroad.

One interesting part of this program that differs from last years' is that I will be matched with a "speaking partner". This speaking partner will be a local Tajik around my age. We will be required to meet for a particular amount of hours per week. This is a really cool opportunity (at least I think it will be) because it will provide me with an opportunity to network with some local Tajiks, make more local friends, and explore more of the city!

I'll try to post from D.C. once I have more details. Until then- packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment